TOO MANY COPS!
Writing here from Anchorage, Alaska, where the Municipal Assembly has just voted spend $200K of our money to fund a police academy. They say we are woefully short of police now. I say there are too many, they are overpaid, and they are poorly led.
A few months ago there was a murder at the Diamond Center Mall. As it happened it occurred on the last day of Fur Rendezvous. There were all kinds of police downtown dealing with the crowd at the time of the shooting. Without knowing anything of the murder I was enroute to the mall to pick up my son. When I got there I counted 14 patrol cars with flashing lights. Doubtless there were unmarked cars and detective vehicles and I suppose even a few patrol cars without flashing lights.
Fourteen squad cars...one murder...and I doubt that the murderer stuck around for a photo op. I know this isn't an isolated case of over-kill with our police. Show me a fender-bender where at least three squad cars don't show up.
Want more evidence of too many police? Last year I got a ticket for changing lanes within 100 ft. of an intersection. Yes, it was the semi-annual Anchorage Police fund Raiser! I spoke with two retired police officers...one East coast and one West coast. When I told them of the ticket for changing lanes within 100 ft. of an intersection they both laughed! They laughed!! "That's a new one on me!" said one. "That's a good one!" said the other.
When you have so many police that they need to justify their jobs with the issuance of such citations there are too many. When fines from such nonsense is required to fund these guys, there are too may.
POORLY SUPERVISED!
Fourteen patrol cars at one murder scene. I first thought it was a terrorist act or a political assassination, but no, anther gang-banger shooting. Okay, the police need to respond, but in a rational manner please! Fourteen is over-kill. And the shooter ain't sticking around. Why all the cops at the scene? Poor supervision!
A year or so ago I saw a punk spray painting graffiti. I called the cops and followed the jerk...kept the police on the line the whole time. And wouldn't you know it, nine squad cars with flashing lights and several unmarked cars. Swear to God!
Now I am fairly well read, and I watch the History Channel. I watched a documentary on the FBI, and the G-Men took down John Dillinger with a lesser show of force! To say that our police are poorly supervised is a gross understatement.
POLICE ACADEMY!
There are thousands of military police getting out every year. We are throwing away money to hire young people with little or no education or experience in law enforcement when we can pick and choose experienced, well trained and mature officers. We don't need a Police Academy!
If Everyone Would Just Listen To Me We Wouldn't Have These Problems!
OVER PAID!
Is there one cop...just one, who owns a house that is priced within $100k of the median house in Anchorage? 'Nuff said on that! ass
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment